This audio course (MP3) provides a framework to plan successfully for projects. You need to know who is involved with your project and what they want from it! Take this audio course to get support in:
- Identifying Prioject Stakeholders
- Creating a Communications Strategy
- Defining the Project Environment
- Understanding the PMs Communications Role
This audio course includes a workbook and exercises to keep you on track.
Creating a common vision for all project team members, the sponsor, the customer, and anybody else who is supporting your project is not a trivial task. In this audio session (MP3) you obtain some great ideas, including:
- Documenting Customers Functional Needs - Ensure you clearly understand what your customer's expectations are;
- Understand how project's are selected, provide benefit to the Organization, and align to the Mission of your team;
- Defining the Project Life Cycle for a clear definition to project success; and
- Defining the Work Breakdown Structure, a common definition between your technical and business staff.
There is a fine balance between trust and control. To get a project completed successfully a project manager must have a strong element of trust in their team, it would be too time consuming and deflating to count on control as the only means for ensuring tasks are complete.
So what is the balance? We need to create a project schedule with enough detail to provide us confidence that the team knows what they are doing, and provides us with a view of the team's progress. Request too much detail and the team will close ranks.
In this audio course, learn some common methods and innovative ideas for getting a balanced schedule in place. Specifically, learn
- How to identify activities and milestones
- Creating an end-to-end vision for the project schedule;
- How to account for risk in your estimates;
- How to convert your time schedule into a cost baseline (budget)
In the Audio (MP3) session, learn why one of the biggest jobs of a Project Manager is to integrate all aspects of the project. We must integrate our project with operations and other projects; we may have to technically integrate the product with previous versions of the product; we must make sure the different functional teams in our project can work well together.
This audio course will provide helpful hints and guidance in dealing with:
- The Portfolio Review Board
- Understanding The Organizational Team
- Integrated Change Control - The Change Control Process
- The Project Manager's Level of Authority for Change
Included in Project Leadership is a workbook and exercises that will help you expand on and confirm your Project Leadership knowledge.
Your Project Team needs to be lead - your non-people resources need to be managed. Learn how to be a great leader. Get practical tips as to how you can lead the members of your team, showing them in turn to lead themselves and others. Specifically:
- Understanding the Role of Project Management
- Applying Leadership to Project Management
- Using Successful General Management Skills
- Analyzing Stakeholder Expectations
This Audio (MP3) Course assists Project Managers and Project Team Members looking to work together to accomplish work, and to create a successful project vision. Learn tools and techniques for:
- Defining the Project Team
- Acquiring the 'Best' Team
- Planning Procurement to Strengthen the Team
- Getting the Right Contracts and Suppliers
In this Audio Program, get the concepts and tools to use Earned Value Analysis to plan and track your project's progress. Learn how to:
- Gather Earned Value Analysis Data
- Set a Cost Baseline for Performance Reporting
- Analyze Project Progress throughout Execution
- Report EVM information to those that need it
- Managing the Risk Environment
- Conducting Risk Identification
- Performing Risk Analysis
- Assigning Effective Risk Responses
The Challenge with implementing quality is that everybody has a different definition, and the project manager has the responsability to meet every definition and expectation.
The PMs job, reputation, and future assignments depend on it.
In this workshop, participants learn techniques for establishing and reinforcing the project's quality vision, specifically:
- Understanding the Quality Environment
- Defining and Using LIfe Cycle Evaluations
- Reporting Quality
- Conducting Project Closure